Just spent an hour or so at my IMac in my own personal memorial to Steve Jobs, reading everything I could get my mouse on about him. Thought I’d share a bit of what I found, the best of which is his commencement speech at Stanford in 2005, something I’ve watched several times before but can’t listen to enough. When I get up the guts to really follow his advice, I’ll let you know.
A truly great man. A truly great loss.
- NY Times Obit and editorial by Matt Bai
- The Wizard & the Mortal – Both sides of the great man, w/ analogies to Thomas Edison
- WSJ Obit – Nice collection of pics, video, graphics & comments.
- Gizmodo Obit – great pics.
- Cult of MacTV gives a nice video tribute
- The Macworld Obit looks at Jobs legacy at Apple
- The Examiner looks at Jobs’ spiritual life
- Slate Magazine on Jobs use of LSD “one of the two or three important things I have done in my life” (Expect LSD use to rise…)
- Steve Wozniak’s twitter stream – remarkably mundane, but his blog posts several interviews
- Bill Gates posts condolances
- Mashable posts 15 inspirational Steve Jobs quotes
- The Daily Mail takes the Tabloid view of the “tangled family” and $$ Jobs leaves behind. Lots of pics. (Expect People Magazine cover story this week….)
- Apple store vigil last night. (Am surprised not to find a Steve Jobs Iphone tribute app. Hopefully someone is working on one right now. ..)
- Apple’s simple memorial page.