A guest post by OBS Housekeeper, pasta cook extraordinaire and sister of TBTAM.
The kids are all together for the first time in months and we have just 5 days until Christmas so it’s time to decorate the tree. In need of something simple and delicious for dinner I hit the freezer for some Vodka Sauce that I had made a few weeks ago.
Pair it with penne,
a Caesar salad and crusty Italian bread and dinner is served.
It must have been tasty because there were no leftovers! And the tree couldn’t be more beautiful! Happy holidays!
PENNE with VODKA SAUCE
Vodka sauce traditionally does not include garlic, but OBS housekeeper says “What’s a pasta sauce without garlic?”
1 stick Butter
1 Onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 Cup Vodka
2 – 28 ounce cans Crushed Tomatoes
1 pint heavy cream
1. In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion in butter until slightly brown and soft, add the garlic in the last munite or so.
2. Pour in vodka and let cook for 10 minutes.
3. Mix in crushed tomatoes and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Pour in heavy cream and cook for another 30 minutes.
5. Toss sauce with penne.
6. Add plenty of freshly grated parmesan cheese.